Tuesday, January 6, 2015

INTERVIEW WITH KEVLITE

Recently, TheChefsRecipe had the chance to talk with New York native and far Rockaway’s own Kevlite about his new video “night in Japan’and the VCR project.
http://www.justjefftv.com
via: justjefftv.com

Where are you from?
I am from Far Rockaway, NY.

Is the VCR tape your first project?
No, I previously released a mix tape entitled "Devine Intervention"
Available for Download on datpiff.com

What inspired the VCR project?
VCR is where I always wanted to go with music ever since I heard kanye West's 808's and Heart Break in 2008. But the main inspiration as far sound was from artist I listen to on a regular basis like Toro Y Moi, Mr Hudson, Theophilus london, etc.

What is the VCR project about?
The abbreviation for VCR is Vision, Control, and Route. Those three words are exactly how I live my life. Your goal in life is your Vision, Your going to go through situations where you have to make it clear that your in Control of your destiny, and simply follow your Route until you reach your destination which is success.

Who are some of the people to influence your music?
Kid Cudi, Pharrell Williams, Wiz Khalifa, Toro y moi, Mr Hudson, Theophilus london, kanye west, Jayz, M.I.A, Azealia Banks, and so many more plus Kevlite.

Why did you choose to release a visual for "Night in japan"?
I knew it was the first to get worked on, I had so many ideas before I even recorded the vocal and The beat alone had me tripping; Plus, its is one of my Favorite tracks on the project.
Who's the Asian vixen in the video?
She's actually a talented fashion designer from Canada.

Who did the production on the audio and video for "night in japan" and was there any challenges that you face in any phase of either production?
A group of producers called College did the production for the Audio for night in Japan; they're in the new wave genre of music.
My team and I produced the video and I handled all of the postproduction.
;I am super hands on with my work, so me trying to cover all the bases was a challenge
.

What do you hope to get across with the VCR project?
Three things I hope to get across. First That I am the best music artist of my generation,
Second, to inspire people to know the difference between great music and wack music, and third to show there’s no limits to being a music artist
.



No comments:

Post a Comment